What To Bring
Please be aware that TICKS and CHIGGERS are always a concern at camp. Your insect repellent should be effective on them too. Here is a Missouri government link about what to do to avoid ticks:
Tiny, Tenacious, Terrible Ticks
- Bedding (sleeping bag, bed sheets, foam pads, blankets, pillow, ear plugs)
- Folding camp chair and/or floor pillow
- Personal toiletry & shower supplies including towels and shower shoes
- Insect repellent
- Sun screen lotion
- Rain gear
- All medications and inhalers
- Swimwear and water toys including extra towels
- Life Jackets for swimming, especially for non-swimmers and the younger children. Noodles are not safety flotation devices. There are no life guards and Camp is not responsible for the safety of any swimmers.
- Talent show props if you are interested in participating
- To create privacy around your bunk, bring sheets or beach towels, clothesline or rope, small rugs, clothes pins, etc.
- Any special foods for dietary concerns
- Please bring one white outfit for the likely event of a White Zikr
- Donations of items for the Garage Sale fundraiser. Contact person is Ben Moore once you get to camp.
- Open and willing heart
For information about vehicles/RVs , please contact Camp Manager Gayan Galik at firstname.lastname@example.org @ or call her at (612)-702-4535. Our overflow camp is the resurrected Pin Oak (at last!) and the rangers consented to tenting only while it was closed.
Musical instruments are very welcome at camp. However, please check with musical director Habib Levison at camp before playing during programs as space is limited.
State Park Group Camp regulations prohibit illegal substances and alcohol. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas. More information about Lake of the Ozarks State Park
It is hoped that you will keep your car in the parking lot closest to your cabin or in the lot near kids' camp. Please, please, please do not park on the grass. The park rangers emphasize this.
To monitor the camp's potential weather, look up Osage Beach, MO 65065 at an online weather site . Temperatures in central Missouri vary day-to-day and hour-to-hour. Think layers.
For more details, use links to the left . Best browser to view with is Internet Explorer.
This Just In: FALL 2014 camp a week earlier than usual, October 3 - 7, due to Park Ranger request. Set-up day is Thursday October 2. Ya Shakur!